After writing this blog for more than six years, I am in a fortunate position that I am able to make a living out of it. There are a few ways that I work with brands and destinations and I will go through them briefly here.
But, before I do, I want to stress that I always make my decisions with my readers in mind. I always try to make sure that the projects I work on will somehow help people to travel the world and have amazing experiences. I turn down many more opportunities than I accept.
THINGS I DO
- I do sponsored trips with destinations (usually with a fee for particular deliverables)
- I do sponsored trips with brands (for a fee)
- I occasionally publish sponsored posts if the content is useful to readers and is written by me
- I sell my photography
- I produce content for brands and destinations to use on their digital properties
- I take part in social media events such as Twitter chats, Facebook broadcasts, Instagram takeovers
- I speak at conferences and other events
- I work with affiliate marketing programs
THINGS I DON’T DO
- I don’t publish sponsored posts that are irrelevant to what I normally write about
- I don’t publish sponsored posts that are written by other people
- I don’t publish guest posts, even by fellow travel bloggers
- I don’t put infographics on my site or social media
- I don’t sell backlinks to your website
- I don’t offer banner advertising or similar ad placements
- I don’t promote kickstarter campaigns or other similar projects
If you would like to get in touch to talk about working together, please use the contact form below. If your message is related to something that I have mentioned I don’t do, it will be deleted. Otherwise I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your interest!